How to create an effective follow up email
Follow up email
Follow up email are the series of email that you send out as a result of offering a bonus or incentive for clicking an affiliate link. In order to take advantage of a series of email auto-responder messages you need an email service. Once you have signed up with a email service you can begin constructing the series you wish to send out to those who sign up for the free bonus offers
Series of follow up email to be send out -
Once someone fills out and submits your opt-in form , a welcome email should be sent out to them within 24 hours. Include instructions for claiming the free offers through a link. Everyone won’t click this link in the first email. Maybe they got busy or accidentally deleted it.
Another email can be sent out a couple of days after the first to capture those who did not click through. Your email service can offer options to ensure that everyone doesn’t get this second email, especially those who already accepted their bonus offer.
Your email service can offer options to ensure that everyone doesn’t get this second email, especially those who already accepted their bonus offer.
As new subscribers sign on through affiliate links, ensure that they begin receiving the same email series and any other information as previous subscribers so they don’t miss anything important about your website or your products. Again this can be set up through your email service.
1. Distribute Ongoing
Freemiums That Lead To Offers : The idea here is to surprise subscribers with unannounced bonuses that will keep them opening your emails with anticipation. They never know when they’ll get the next freemium, so you can bet they’ll open all your emails.
Now here’s the key…
You’re not just delivering a bunch of freebies to people. Instead, you’re offering high-quality products that naturally lead to paid offers.
⊗ You might offer the “lite” version of an app for free. If people like what they see, they’ll upgrade to the premium version.
⊗You might offer one video module out of a training series for free. Again, if people like it, then they’ll purchase the entire set of training videos.
2. Drive Traffic to Your Blog : What you do here is direct your list to your most popular archived, evergreen articles.
Here’s why: if you can get people to get engaged on your blog, then you have a chance to put various links and calls to action in front of them. This may include:
⊗ Links and calls to action embedded right in the articles themselves.
⊗ “Feature product” ads in your sidebar.
⊗ Product ads at the end of articles.
3. Poll Your Audience : What you do here is use your newsletter to poll your audience and learn more about what they want. You can ask them questions to help uncover information such as:
⊗ What are their biggest niche-related problems?
⊗ What solutions have they tried?
⊗ What are the shortcomings of these solutions?
The answers to these questions will help you send out content and offers that your newsletter readers really want, which will in turn increase conversions and sales .
4. Build Relationships : If you just blast your email list with one cut-and-paste promo after another, your conversion rate is likely to stagnate. That’s because your subscribers don’t know, like or trust you – all of which are essential to sales. Point is, give your readers a chance to get to know you. You do this by:
⊗ Sharing personal stories : It’s best if these are niche relevant stories, but sometimes you may just drop in notes about what’s going on in your life, such as going on vacation or having a baby.
⊗ Sharing case studies of what happened when you used a particular product or strategy. Be sure to share lots of data, but also share the personal side of the story, such as how you felt, which is inspirational and motivational.
5. Offer themed emails : This is a good way to train people to open your emails, as well as build relationships with subscribers. The idea is to send out themed emails on a weekly basis that your subscribers can look forward to.
⊗ Question of the week
⊗ How i _____ (e.g., “How i quit my job and started a six figure business”)
⊗ Case study of the week
⊗ Resource of the week .
6. Create a multi-part series around one main offer AKA mini-course : People rarely buy an offer the first time they hear about it. That’s why you’ll want to create a series of three to seven emails for EACH product you promote. Each series will consist of related materials, all of which promote just one product.
⊗ Five Ways To Retire With $1 Million In the Bank
⊗ The Three Secrets of Fast Weight Loss
⊗ The Four Steps To Setting Up a Successful Blog .
⊗ Why subject lines in email marketing is important ?
⊗ Internet marketing (secrets)
7. Send Special Emails On Occasion : Here’s a list of follow up email you can send out from time to time to drive traffic and generate sales:
⊗ Send out solo ads once a month or so to promote a particular product.
⊗ Survey customers and get their feedback about how to improve your products as well as your newsletter.
⊗ Ask customers to beta test new products. (This gets them involved and helps develop loyalty.)
⊗ Invite subscribers to connect with you via other platforms, such as social media.
Here are a couple of types of email broadcasts :
- Newsletters – These are meant to inform and are sent to the entire list mostly on a weekly or monthly basis. They may include new product launches, affiliate links, fresh content, contests and more.
- Sales broadcasts – They can be sent to segments of your main subscriber list depending on the product featured. The idea is to highlight an offer through a clickable link.
Try not to concentrate on sales with email follow-up series. The idea is to build a rapport with your list. Offer valuable content within the first two or three emails (soft sell) to gain trust. Finish up with the product offers (hard sell). People don’t want to feel like they are being pitched to even though they want to buy your products.
However, most people are building a list in a WRONG way by using old methods. Obviously, they couldn’t make a dime at all even having a list…
It’s not just about the number of subscribers that you have, it also involved :
- How to write your emails…
- What offers to promote…
- When to send to your subscribers…
- And many more!
The good news is, today, you can learn exactly how to build a profitable list in the Build and Grow Your List Fast eBook…