Affiliate marketing is a way of making money online by promoting someone else’s products.As an affiliate you’re essentially a commission salesperson for the products you’re promoting: You earn a commission for every paying customer you send to the merchant selling the product.
How does affiliate marketing work? [ Video ]
It’s kind of like being a real estate agent: You don’t own the home you’re promoting, but you get a nice commission for promoting it and finding the right buyer To see how it works, let’s imagine that Batman is an affiliate for a website called “GetFancy.com”, where customers can buy top hats, monocles and other accessories to make themselves more “fancy”. Everyone wins here. The customer finds what they’re looking for, the merchant gets a customer he wouldn’t have found otherwise, and Batman gets paid. So, with so many ways of making money online
As i come across,i found out there are several pros and cons of affiliate link like the product has and even i tell you how to avoid those mistake.
What are the advantages in affiliate marketing
–> It’s easy to get started : As an affiliate, you don’t have to create the products you’re promoting. You just promote something that already exists. This is a lot easier than building and selling your own physical or digital product:
- You don’t have to spend time and money on building the product.
- You don’t have to buy stock to sell, or store it anywhere.
- You don’t need to figure out how to run a shopping cart or handle customer support
–> It’s easy to grow : One of the best ways to make more money is to add new products to your lineup. When you’re selling your own products, it can take months do develop a new product. But as an affiliate, it’s as easy as putting up a new advertisement, or writing a few paragraphs talking about the new product.
–> No special skills required : You don’t need any particular skills or experience to get started as an affiliate. Most affiliates start out with no knowledge, and just learn as they go . Patience is the key here and this is not-get rich scheme.
–> Low, low startup costs : One of the biggest benefits of affiliate marketing is that you don’t need to invest a lot of money to get started.
What are the disadvantages in affiliate marketing
 The affiliates may engage in false and misleading advertising in order to get sales commissions.
 Limited Growth Potential – Because you can’t lock in your customers or adapt deals to suit changing market conditions, growth potential is limited. Like the carpet salesman, you rely on a new stream of visitors each and every day with no way to grow what you do, other than by adding sub-affiliates.
 Customer Base Not Locked In – The merchant keeps the customer.Typically, you deliver the customer, the merchant pays you a one-time commission, then that customer remains theirs for all subsequent purchases. The value of the merchants business increases the more customers they have.
Things to avoid in affiliate marketing :
- Shiny objects syndrome : Jumping from niche to another niche is not a good option because you have to learn it again from scratch ,if you do that it will take you fortune.
- Avoid Get rich scheme program or push button program ,they are all scams and they don’t pay you.
- Bombarding your audience: Visitors AKA traffic comes to your blog to seek information not ads
- Not providing enough material : just as you shouldn’t litter your page with too many ads that may confuse and annoy your readers, not providing them with enough interesting and useful material may also have an adverse effect on your marketing efforts. Less is more, but don’t make your page so bare that it’s boring or you’ll soon find your traffic dwindling and your affiliate income almost non-existent.
- Not measuring your campaign’s performance : How can you know if what you’re doing is working unless you’re regularly monitoring the results? Analyzing your individual campaigns is critical to determining whether you’re on the right track or if you need to make any changes or adjust your strategy.
- Not gauging your competition : Affiliate marketing isn’t a cut-throat business. But there are certainly others out there that are trying to do the same thing as you. Learn from them — what mistakes are they making, and what seems to be working for them? A little healthy competition can do wonders for your bottom line.
- Not understanding what affiliate is promoting.
- Over-selling to your audience.
- Not giving any information to learn : If you see any super affiliate ,they usually have more than 2 website one is solely purpose for marketing and another one is for blog.Visitors AKA comes to your blog to seek information not ads
10 lessons from affiliate summit
Don’t just sit there — take action!
Remember that the biggest obstacles to success are things like procrastination, distraction, “analysis paralysis” and losing motivation. You need to keep that momentum going!
Expect that some things might be trickier than others, and that you WILL make mistakes. Each mistake is a hugely valuable learning experience for you, so don’t be scared of them!
The people who get the most success as affiliates are the ones who just keep bashing through, making mistakes and learning. Hopefully that will be you!
This is NOT a get-rich-quick scheme. It takes time and work to achieve. If you follow the free training as being taught, you can start to see your first $100 as fast as 2 weeks from now.
Best of luck with everything, and we hope to see you around!